I can’t believe school is almost over! I had a great year. My teacher was really nice. At the end of the year, my mom always gives my teacher a gift. But this year I wanted the gift to be from me. Here are some of my ideas:
- Write a poem about school and your teacher—on recycled paper, of course!
- Put a picture of yourself in a frame.
- Make a certificate letting your teacher know she or he was the best. I like doing this on the back of a paper grocery bag.
- Plant a tree in honor of your teacher to help America’s forests. Visit arborday.org. It’s only $5.95 a tree (I can almost pay for that with my allowance!).
- Write a thank-you note on a recycled-paper card, and tell your teacher what you liked most about the school year.
Speaking of gifts, Father’s Day is coming up, too. My friend Pam K., age 8, from Dix Hills, New York, sent me a great poem she wrote for her dad (you can see it to the right). Thanks Pam! Have a great summer!