- Pipe cleaner
- 12-oz. round water bottle, emptied and cleaned
- Tacky glue
- Ribbon or washi tape
- Nontoxic fine point marker
- Bend a pipe cleaner at the center to form a heart, then twist the two tail ends to secure the shape. Twist the remaining length of the pipe cleaner to form a spiral.
- Glue the bottom of the spiral to the inside of the bottle cap.
- Reattach the cap back onto the bottle; so the heart-shaped pipe cleaner rests inside the bottle near the center.
- Cut a piece of ribbon and wrap it around the entire edge of the cap. Use a fine point marker to write a sweet message. We chose: “You Light Up My Life.” Another fun option: “You Shine Bright!”
- Secure the ribbon around the bottle cap with glue.