- Red and pink paint chips
- Heart-shaped paper punch
- Glue stick
- Sewing thread
- Hot glue
- Fabric scrap
- Embroidery hoop
- Sewing needle
1. Gather red and pink paint chips from a paint store. Position the punch on one shade and press to create a heart. Make about 180 hearts (or fewer for a mobile that’s not as full as ours).
2. Print out photos of family members, friends, and pets. Use the heart punch to cut out the faces. Glue the photos onto the hearts.
3. Cut 15 20-inch pieces of sewing thread (or fewer if you wish).
4. Starting about 8 inches down on the piece of thread, attach 6 hearts vertically using dots of hot glue. Then sandwich another 6 hearts over the thread to create 6 double-sided hearts on each thread. Repeat until all the hearts are attached to all 15 pieces of thread.
5. Cut 4 12-inch pieces of sewing thread and tie them to the outer part of the embroidery hoop, leaving an equal amount of space between each piece of thread. Knot them together at the top to use as a hanging device for the mobile.
6. Cut a piece of fabric scrap and fit it into the embroidery hoop.
7. Thread the end of one string of hearts through a sewing needle. Starting from underneath the embroidery hoop, thread the string through to the top of the fabric and create a cross-stitch. Tie the thread off in a knot underneath the embroidery hoop. Repeat for each string of hearts.