Potato stamps, recycled paper, and a little creativity are all your kids need to create their own DIY holiday wrapping paper.
- Several small red potatoes
- Paring knife
- Cutting board
- Brown, white, or colored recycled craft paper
- Nontoxic craft paint
Instructions for DIY Holiday Wrapping Paper
- Using a knife, carve the potatoes into various shapes your child can use as stamps. For a circle stamp, slice one end off a potato to create a flat, circular surface. For a triangle stamp, carve the potato into a shape resembling a prism. For a square stamp, carve the potato into a shape resembling a box. (Create a few of each stamp as the potatoes will wear with each use.)
- Let your child dip the stamps into paint and press the shapes onto craft paper to create different designs. (We stacked three triangles to make a tree, three circles to create a snowman, and a triangle and square to resemble a dreidel.)
- Let dry overnight before wrapping.
If you have extra potatoes, make your own Valentine’s Day Cards or Stamped Tote Bags.