Welcome in the spring season with a gorgeous flower suncatcher. This fun and easy craft brings the vibrant colors of nature inside for you to enjoy each day.
- Clear contact paper
- Parchment paperspray
- Explore nature and collect your favorite flowers, leaves, and sticks.
- Place your flowers and leaves in parchment paper, then close them in a book. Place something heavy on top and let it sit for a day or until dry.
- Once they are dry, lay out your sticks in whatever shape you want, such as a diamond, triangle, or square. Trim your sticks if needed.
- Once they are cut to size, use string to tie the ends of the sticks together and then measure the length of your sticks.
- Roll out the contact paper and measure a length double the measurement of the sticks, you will want to be able to fold it over your design.
- Peel back half the contact paper and embrace your creativity as you design the layout of your suncatcher.
- Once your layout is complete, take the other folded-back end of the paper backing and press down on your flowers to make sure they are all stuck to the contact paper.
- Peel off the entire backing of the contact paper and fold the open side of the contact paper of your design. Press down to seal it and cut off any excess on the edges.
- Punch a whole in the corners of your design and tie it to the sticks.
- Hang your suncatcher and enjoy the beautiful colors of nature.