This cleanser is great for all skin types, even oily skin! It may sound crazy to put oil on already-oily skin, but it actually helps: oil dissolves oil. Coconut oil is solid at room temperature, but this cleanser will soften as it warms in your hands and on your face. You can use this cleanser everyday.
What you need
2 Tablespoons coconut oil
2 Tablespoons olive oil
Makes ¼ cup
How you make it
1. If the coconut oil is solid, melt it in a microwave or a double boiler. Then combine both oils in a bowl and blend with a spoon.
2. Transfer your mixture to a clean jar. Keep it at your bathroom sink.
How you use it
1. With clean hands, rub about one teaspoon of the cleanser between your palms to warm it.Gently massage it into your face, using small circular motions, for about a minute.
2. Wet a washcloth with hot water and wring out the excess water. Place the washcloth over your whole face to open up your pores.
3. After a few seconds, use the washcloth to wipe away the oil.
4. Rinse your face with cool water.
Love this spa day recipe? Check out our others.
This recipe has been adapted from Girls’ Home Spa Lab.