Add a little green gummy garnish to the top of your sandwiches, and suddenly, you’ll have a plate of mini pumpkins. You can make these treats up to two hours ahead of your party—just keep them in an air-proof container in the refrigerator. Prep time: 10 minutes Cook time: 10 minutes
- ¾ cup all purpose white flour
- ¼ cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk, 1% or skim
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- ½ cup canned pumpkin puree
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled, plus extra for greasing pan
- 6 tablespoons cream cheese
- In a large bowl, whisk together white flour, wheat flour, sugar, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice, and salt. Stir in milk, egg, pumpkin, and butter, and mix until just combined.
- Preheat a large nonstick griddle or skillet over medium heat. Grease skillet with about 1 tablespoon of butter. Pour about 2 tablespoons of batter onto the griddle and cook 2 to 3 minutes on the first side and 1 to 2 minutes on the second side. Allow pancakes to cool 5 to 10 minutes.
- Once cakes are cooled, spread 1 to 2 teaspoons of cream cheese onto half of the pancakes. Top with remaining pancakes to create a sandwich and serve.
Makes 12 sandwiches Per serving: calories 99, fat 5 g, protein 3 g, carbohydrates 12 g, dietary fiber 1 g