Makes 12 servings
1 Tablespoon unsalted butter
1 cup milk or almond milk
1 teaspoon Nielsen-Massey Pure Vanilla Extract
¼ cup Bob’s Red Mill Wheat Bran
1 loaf of bread, sliced
Maple syrup and/or confectioners’ sugar
This recipe submission was a grand-prize winner in KIWI’s 2015 Next Great Young Chef competition.
Watch Anna prepare her award winning recipe!
1. Heat nonstick griddle to 350°F. Melt butter on griddle.
2. Whisk together eggs, milk, vanilla, salt, and wheat bran in a shallow pan.
3. Dip slices of bread into egg mixture; flip over and gently press into liquid.
4. Keep stirring liquid while dipping to keep the wheat bran mixed in.
5. Gently lift bread slices and transfer to hot griddle.
6. Cook until bottom is browned, about 2 minutes.
7. Flip over and cook 2 more minutes.
8. Drizzle with maple syrup and dust with confec-tioners’ sugar if desired.