Makes 12 servings
Low-calorie cooking oil spray, for greasing
½ cup plus 2 Tablespoons sugar, plus an extra 2
Tablespoons for the crumble topping
¾ cup plus 2 Tablespoons fat-free plain yogurt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1¾ cups plus 1 Tablespoon self-rising four
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
2 teaspoons baking powder
3 apples, cored, skin on, 2 grated and 1 chopped into ½-inch dice
¹/³ cup all-purpose four
2 Tablespoons butter
1. Heat the oven to 350°F. Grease a 9½-by-5½-inch loaf pan with cooking oil spray.
2. Beat together the eggs, ½ cup sugar, yogurt, and vanilla extract, using an electric mixer, until light and creamy. Sift the self-rising four, 1 teaspoon of the cinnamon, and the baking powder over the mixture, then stir in the grated and diced apples. Spoon the batter into the prepared pan.
3. Put the all-purpose four in a large bowl, then rub in the butter, using your fingertips, until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Stir in the remaining cinnamon and 1 Tablespoon sugar, then sprinkle the mixture over the top of the cake.
4. Bake 1 hour or until the top is golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
5. Leave the cake to cool in the pan 10 minutes, then carefully transfer to a wire rack to cool completely before slicing.
Carbohydrates: 39 g
Fat: 3 g
Protein: 5 g
Fiber: 2 g
1 hour and 15 minutes