Makes 4 servings
3 cups whole wheat rotini pasta
2 chicken breasts
1 ½ teaspoons salt
½ teaspoon pepper
1 Tablespoon olive oil
1 quart cherry tomatoes
2 cups fresh arugula
½ cup Arugula Pesto
2 teaspoons grated parmesan cheese
1 teaspoon chopped fresh basil for garnish
This well–rounded meal is packed with protein, veggies, and complex carbohydrates that keep you full for longer. Peppery arugula, vibrant tomatoes, and hearty pasta make for a week–night dinner winner.
Learn how to make our Arugula Pesto here.
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add 1 teaspoon salt and rotini pasta. Cook until al-dente, approximately 8–10 minutes. Reserve ¼ cup of pasta liquid for sauce.
2. Pat and dry chicken breasts and salt and pepper on each side. In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, at olive oil and heat until simmering. Add chicken and cook on each side for 5–7 minutes or until internal temperature has reached 165℉. Remove from heat and let rest for 2–4 minutes before slicing into bite-sized cubes.
3. Slice tomatoes in half and place in a large bowl. Add arugula and chicken.
4. Once the pasta is finished, drain and place in the bowl with the tomatoes and arugula.
5. Add Arugula Pesto, parmesan cheese, and reserved pasta water and mix. Serve and garnish with fresh basil.
Active Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes