Makes 8 servings
2 cups rolled oats
½ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
1 teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon kosher salt
2 cups dairy milk, soy milk, or almond milk
1 large egg
⅓ cup maple syrup
1 Tablespoon coconut oil, plus some extra for greasing
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup raspberries, fresh or frozen, divided
1 tablespoon butter, room temperature
Maple syrup, for drizzling
A cross between oatmeal and bread pudding, this warm, comforting dish is endlessly variable. Try it with walnuts or pistachios if you don’t like almonds, or swap out the raspberries for diced apples and dried cranberries, if you prefer. To make brunch preparation easier, mix the dry ingredients the night before.
1. Preheat the oven to 375ºF. Grease an 8-by-8-inch square baking dish.
2. In a medium bowl, mix together the oats, almonds, coconut, baking powder, and salt and set aside.
3. In another bowl, mix the milk, egg, maple syrup, coconut oil, and vanilla.
4. Place half of the raspberries on the bottom of the baking dish. Top with the oat mixture, and then pour the wet ingredients over the oats. Scatter the remaining berries over the top and dot with the tablespoon of butter.
5. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes, until the top is golden and beginning to crisp. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes. If desired, drizzle with maple syrup before serving.
Carbohydrates: 31 g
Fat: 13 g
Protein: 7 g
Fiber: 5 g
Active Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour