Makes 12 servings
1/2 cup honey or pure maple syrup
1 1/2 cups almond milk
1/2 cup unsweetened cinnamon applesauce
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
3 cups old fashioned oats
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup fresh blackberries, cut in half
2 Tablespoons slivered toasted almonds for topping (optional)
The morning rush may be back but that doesn’t mean you can’t get the kids a healthy and delicious meal to fuel their busy days! Make-ahead meals are the perfect solution when time is not on your side. We love these Blueberry Oatmeal Cups from Karen Kelly of Seasonal Cravings.
1. Preheat oven to 350℉. Prepare a 12-cup muffin tin by spraying it well with cooking spray.
2. Whisk together the eggs, honey, almond milk, and applesauce. Add the dry ingredients through salt and stir well. Gently fold in the fresh blackberries with a spatula. Batter will be runny.
3. Use an ice cream scoop to put batter into muffin cups. Top with slivered almonds if desired.
4. Bake on the middle oven rack for about 25 minutes or until they are set.
5. Let cool and serve or place them in a container and refrigerate for up to five days.
Active Time: 10
Total Time: 35