Makes 8 servings
2 cups superfine almond flour
1/4 cup coconut sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup all natural almond butter at room temperature
1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
2 teaspoon almond extract (or vanilla)
1/4 cup water
The morning rush may be back but that doesn’t mean you can’t get the kids a healthy and delicious meal to fuel their busy days! Make-ahead meals are the perfect solution when time is not on your side. We love these Blueberry Almond Waffles from Karen Kelly of Seasonal Cravings.
1. Preheat waffle iron.
2. In a large bowl whisk the almond flour, coconut sugar, salt and baking powder.
3. Make a well in the center and add the melted butter, the eggs, almond extract and water. Stir well. Batter will be thick.
4. Spray the waffle iron well with cooking spray.
5. Spread about 1/4 to 1/3 cup of the batter in the waffle iron. Since it is thick it helps to use a spatula to spread it to the edges. Cook until light brown.
6. Serve with butter and syrup. If saving them for later, freeze them in plastic bags. Toast them when ready to eat.
Active Time: 10 min
Total Time: 20 min