Makes 2 servings
1 heaping cup fresh blueberries
1 Tablespoon granulated sugar
1 Tablespoon lemon juice
½ cup rolled oats
¼ cup unsalted almonds
¼ cup almond flour
1 Tablespoon maple syrup
1 teaspoon vegetable oil
Pinch of salt
Perfect for a date night in or mother-daughter treat, these personal crumbles are a fresh way to use in-season summer produce. Both vegan and gluten free, this recipe comes together quickly and is filled with fiber, antioxidants, and vitamin C. You can easily double the recipe to make four or triple it to make six for the entire family.
1. Preheat the oven to 375ºF.
2. In a small bowl, mix together blueberries, sugar, and lemon juice. Set aside.
3. In a small food processor or blender, pulse together remaining ingredients until roughly chopped. The mixture should stick together but not be too sticky to handle.
4. In two ramekins, evenly split blueberries. Top each with half of the oat crumble mixture.
5. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly.
6. Serve hot or cold.