Makes 4 servings
1 bag tortilla chips of choice
1 teaspoon olive oil
½ cup vegan soy chorizo (use real chorizo for non-vegetarian option)
1 can black beans, drained
½ cup frozen corn
½ cup shredded Pepper Jack or cheddar cheese
¼ cup chopped pickled jalapeño
1 small red onion
2 ripe avocados
2 Roma tomatoes
¼ cup sour cream
¼ cup crumbled cotija cheese
2 teaspoons salt
Option: hot sauce of choice
Make the perfect tray of sharable nachos with a brunch twist sure to please the entire family. Dive into dippy eggs with a warm tortilla chip loaded with black beans and corn, and topped-off with homemade crema, guacamole, and salsa. This easy-to-make vegetarian dish will keep the crowd coming back for more.
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. In a small pan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add chorizo and cook for 4-6 minutes, or until lightly browned.
3. Spread tortilla chips out on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, making sure to avoid any large piles. Top tortilla chips with black beans, corn, and cooked chorizo, making sure to spread each out evenly across the chips. Sprinkle with shredded cheese.
4. Make six wells in the chips and crack an egg into each one. Sprinkle eggs with about ½ a teaspoon of salt.
5. Place the baking sheet into the oven on the middle rack. Cook until the egg whites are cooked through and the yolks are the desired doneness, about 10-15 minutes.
6. While the nachos are baking, make guacamole, salsa, and crema. Cut lime in four wedges and finely dice red onion into small pieces. Slice up avocados into small cubes, place in a medium bowl, and mash. Cut Roma tomatoes into ½ inch pieces and place in another medium bowl.
7. Divide the diced red onion and jalapeño in half and add half to the mashed avocado and half to the Roma tomato. Juice half of the lime into the mashed avocado and sprinkle with 1 teaspoon of salt. Juice one quarter of the lime into the tomatoes and sprinkle with ½ teaspoon of salt. Mix both and set aside.
8. In a small bowl, juice the remaining lime wedge over the sour cream. Add one or two teaspoons of water and mix until a drizzling consistency.
9. Once the nachos are done, remove from the oven and let cool for about 5 minutes. Sprinkle with crumbled Cotija cheese, top with salsa, pickled jalapeño, and drizzle with crema. Optional: get extra spicy by also topping with a hot sauce of choice. Top with spoonfuls of guacamole. Serve straight from the tray and go to town!