Makes 8 servings
2 pounds brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
1 cup jarred or frozen chestnuts, halved
2 large shallots, peeled and chopped
½ cup dried cranberries
2 teaspoons maple syrup
2 Tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
Have a healthier Thanksgiving by using seasonal ingredients.
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. In a large bowl, combine the Brussels sprouts with the olive oil, chestnuts, and chopped shallots.
3. Turn the mixture onto a baking sheet with sides.
4. Roast for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, before adding the dried cranberries. Roast for another 5 minutes or until the sprouts are tender. Remove from oven.
5. Toss with 2 teaspoons of maple syrup.
6. Sprinkle with parsley just before serving.
Carbohydrates: 14 g
Fat: 3 g
Protein: 3 g
Fiber: 4 g