1 ½ cups Arrowhead Mills Organic Enriched Unbleached White Flour
1 cup organic cane sugar
1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
3 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 9-ounce package SunSpire Organic Fair Trade 65% Cacao Bittersweet Baking Chips
1 cup Melt Organic spread, melted
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 small organic zucchini, grated
¼ cup hot water
Nonstick cooking spray
Sweet and delicious, these brownies include grated zucchini in the batter for an extra nutritional kick! The recipe was created by Sumaan Davenport, age 11, who received an Honorable Mention in KIWI’s 2014 Next Great Young Chef contest.
1. Mix first five ingredients in a large bowl.
2. Melt 8 ounces of the chocolate chips in microwave for 1 minute on high.
3. Stir chocolate chips until creamy smooth; add to dry mix.
4. Add the Melt spread to mixture along with egg, vanilla extract, grated zucchini, and hot water. Mix until smooth.
5. Spray 8-by-8-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray. Spoon mixture into baking pan.
6. Bake for 28 minutes on 375ºF or until knife comes out clean.
7. Let cool and drizzle remaining melted chips over brownies.