Makes 8 servings
1/2 head cauliflower, broken into florets
1 cup 2% milk
2 teaspoons dijon mustard
1 pound shredded cheddar cheese
Salt and pepper
1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
1/4 cup parmesan cheese
2 Tablespoons olive oil
Everyone’s favorite comfort food gets a nutrition boost with the addition of pureed cauliflower.
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Coat eight 8-ounce ramekins with vegetable spray and set aside.
2. In a large pot, boil the cauliflower until tender, about 8-10 minutes. Allow to cool slightly and puree in a blender with the milk and mustard.
3. In a large bowl, combine the pasta with the cauliflower and shredded cheese. Add salt and pepper to taste. Divide the mixture among the ramekins.
4. In a small bowl, combine the panko crumbs, Parmesan, and oil. Sprinkle the breadcrumbs over the ramekins.
5. Bake until golden brown, about 25-30 minutes.
Carbohydrates: 27 g
Fat: 26 g
Protein: 18 g
Fiber: 4 g