Makes 4 servings
1 head cauliflower, cut into florets with the stalk removed
½ cup low moisture shredded mozzarella cheese
2 Tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
½ teaspoon dried oregano
½ teaspoon dried parsley
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon garlic powder
¼ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
2 eggs, beaten
This low-carb pizza crust alternative is a delicious way to make a pie without the gluten! Made with a few simple ingredients, your family can have a healthier pizza night any day of the week. Cauliflower is a great source of fiber, antioxidants, and vitamins B and C. Our favorite cauliflower crust toppings include homemade tomato sauce, fresh basil, and mozzarella cheese.
1. Preheat the oven to 425ºF and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Steam cauliflower florets for 5 minutes, or until tender but still firm. Drain and gently pat florets dry before adding to a food processor. Pulse until fine and let cool for 5–10 minutes, or until able to be handled.
3. Dump processed cauliflower onto a clean dish towel. Wrap the cauliflower up and over your sink, squeeze as much water out as possible. You can do this by squeezing the cauliflower in the towel or twisting the towel to wring some of the moisture out. This step is very important for crispy crusts.
4. In a mixing bowl, add squeezed cauliflower, mozzarella, spices, and eggs. Mix well to combine, making sure to incorporate everything without lumps or streaks of egg. Once well mixed, place in the center of your prepared baking sheet and spread the crust mixture into the shape of your choice, leaving the edges slightly thicker.
5. Bake for 20 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown and crispy on the edges. Add desired toppings and bake for an additional 10 minutes. Serve hot and enjoy!