Makes 4 servings
3 cups frozen cherries
1 cup water
2–3 drops stevia sweetener
1 ½ cups full fat canned coconut milk (cream and liquid)
2 drops stevia
This grilling season, go beyond the meat and poultry mainstays to throw a plant-based cookout bursting with fresh and seasonal ingredients, south of the border flavors, and vibrant colors. This recipe is from Karen Kelly of Seasonal Cravings.
1. Blend the frozen cherries, water, and stevia in a high-powered blender until smooth. (Mixture will be thick.)
2. Carefully spoon cherries into the popsicle mold, filling it up about 1/3 of the way. Freeze this layer for about 30 minutes to ensure it doesn’t mix when you add the next layer.
3. Mix the coconut layer in a high-powered blender. (It may take a few minutes to mix this because the coconut can separate a bit.)
4. Pour the coconut layer into the popsicle mold and place back in the freezer for another 30 minutes.
5. Finally, add the cherry layer one more time filling all the way up to the top.
6. Freeze overnight.
7. When ready to serve run warm water (not too hot) over the bottom and sides of the popsicle mold to help release the pops.
Carbohydrates: 15 g
Protein: 3 g
Fiber: 2 g