Makes 4 servings
1 3-inch knob ginger, peeled and cut into 8-10 pieces
1 clove garlic, peeled and halved
3 Tablespoons soy sauce, plus more to taste
2 Tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
2 Tablespoons toasted sesame oil
1 Tablespoon safflower or canola oil
1 Tablespoon frozen (defrosted) orange juice
6 ounces soba or udon noodles
3-4 ounces cooked chicken, diced
2 navel oranges, peeled
1. To make dressing, place ginger and garlic in a small food processor and chop. Add soy sauce, lemon juice, sesame oil, safflower oil, and orange juice concentrate. Blend well. Set aside.
2. Cook pasta in large pot of salted water until just short of tender. Drain and run under cold water to cool. Drain thoroughly.
3. Place pasta in a large bowl. Add chicken and scallion greens.
4. Slice oranges and divide segments to create small pieces. Add to bowl.
5. Just before serving, toss in the dressing. Season with additional soy sauce to taste.
Carbohydrates: 20 g
Fat: 15 g
Protein: 33 g
Fiber: 2 g
Active Time: 25 minutes