1 bunch Lacinato or Dinosaur Kale
1 large clove garlic, minced
2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
2 Tablespoons Bragg Liquid Aminos
1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil or vegetable oil
2 Tablespoons NEXT STEP Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil, melted
6 red radishes, thinly sliced
2 medium carrots, thinly sliced
2 Tablespoons Bragg Apple Cider Vinegar
1 teaspoon sea salt
1/3 cup large flake coconut
1 avocado, diced
This refreshing kale salad comes together in a flash. This recipe was created by Chef Phoebe Lapine, exclusively for the The Vitamin Shoppe.
1. Remove the ribs from the kale by tearing away an inch or so from each side of the bottom of the stalk to form flaps. Then grab the bottom of the stalk and pull up.
2. Stack the kale leaves in a pile and roll up like a cigar. Thinly slice the kale. Set aside in a large mixing bowl. Add the garlic, lemon juice, liquid aminos and olive oil. Mix together with your hands until each leaf of kale is very well coated in the lemon-oil mixture. Drizzle in the coconut oil and toss to combine. Set aside for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until wilted.
3. Combine the carrots and radishes with the cider vinegar and salt. Let sit, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables have softened, about 15 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, toast the coconut in a skillet over medium heat until golden brown, 2 minutes. Set aside.
5. Add the pickled vegetables to the kale, along with the avocado, and toss to combine. Transfer to a serving platter and garnish with the toasted coconut.