Makes 4 servings
Salad1 cup Moroccan style couscous
1 cup vegetable broth
1/2 cup halved grape tomatoes
½ cup sliced cucumbers
1 cup rinsed garbanzo beans
¼ cup crumbled feta cheese
Chopped parsley (optional)
Dressing4 Tbsp olive oil
2 tsp balsamic vinegar (or rice vinegar)
Salt and pepper to taste
Boring lunch fare, be gone! This school year, send your kid off to the cafeteria with a lunch box filled with vibrant flavors, fresh ingredients, and better-for-you options.
This simple yet filling salad is perfect to pack for the whole family.
1. In a medium pot, bring 1 cup of broth to a boil.
2. Add 1 cup of couscous, stir and immediately remove from heat.
3. Cover with a lid and let sit for five minutes.
4. Remove lid and carefully fluff with a fork. Let cool.
5. In a small bowl whisk all dressing ingredients together.
6. Add vegetables and feta cheese to couscous.
7. Add more salt and pepper to taste.
8. Pack in a reusable glass or stainless steel container. Dress the salad just before eating.
Carbohydrates: 67 g
Protein: 17 g
Fiber: 11 g