Makes 4 servings
1 small red onion
2 large beefsteak tomatoes
2 cloves of garlic
1 red bell pepper
⅓ cup corn kernels, plus more for garnish
1 Tablespoon lemon juice
⅓ cup olive oil
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon ground black pepper
2-3 dashes of hot sauce of choice
Blend up a quick and easy summertime soup packed with veggies and healthy fats.
1. Wash and dry all produce.
2. Roughly chop onion, tomato, avocado, and bell pepper in 1 inch pieces.
3. In a high-power blender, add all ingredients and blend until smooth, approximately one minute.
4. Chill in the fridge for at least an hour before serving.
5. Serve in bowls as an entree or shot glasses as an easy appetizer. Top with corn kernels, a splash of olive oil, and an optional sprig of parsley.
1 hour and 20 minutes