Makes 4 servings
4 ounces crushed sweet potato chips (fried in avocado, olive or coconut oil)
1 teaspoon garlic sea salt
⅓ cup avocado, olive or coconut oil, ghee or sustainable palm shortening
¾ pound wild caught cod (or other white fish)
Recipes from The Paleo Kids Cookbook, written by Jennifer Robins and with photography by Jennifer Robins and Jeremy Meek, have been reprinted with the permission of Page Street Publishing Co.
1. Preheat the oven to 350˚F.
2. On a clean plate, combine the sweet potato chips, tapioca starch and garlic sea salt.
3. Preheat the frying oil in a large skillet over medium/high heat.
4. Slice your fish into sticks and dredge them in the breading mixture. If your breading isn’t sticking well, mash the chips smaller and use your fingers to press the breading onto the fish.
5. Fry the coated fish sticks in small batches, flipping them after a minute or so on each side. You’ll want to crisp them up a bit before removing them.
6. Once the fish sticks have been fried briefly, transfer them to a baking rack placed atop a baking sheet. This will help excess oil drain off while your fish sticks continue to cook in the oven.
7. Bake the fish sticks for around 20 minutes. Remove and serve warm with your favorite dipping sauce.