Makes 2 servings
3 medium onions, sliced thinly
3 Tablespoons unsalted butter
2 8-inch flatbreads
2 Tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
2 cups lightly packed fresh arugula
3 large fresh figs, sliced
2 Tablespoons olive oil
salt and pepper
Stacy loves creating easy meals that will have people spending less time in the kitchen and more time with their family and friends. She’s been featured on the daytime show Houston Life, as well as voted one of Voyage Houston Magazine’s top 20 foodies of 2018. Her work has been featured in both domestic and international print and online publications. She is married with two kids and resides in the Houston area. She believes a meal is never really over until after you’ve had dessert.
1. Place the butter in a cast iron skillet (or regular skillet) over medium high heat.
2. Once the butter is melted and skillet is hot, put in your sliced onions. Stir every 5 minutes. After about 50—60 minutes, your onions should be caramelized.
3. Preheat your oven to 425 ℉.
4. Place the flatbread on a baking sheet and top with a generous amount of the caramelized onions. Put a tablespoon of feta cheese on each flat bread and bake in the oven for 8 minutes.
5. Remove the flatbreads from the oven and allow to cool slightly.
6. Next, add the arugula and sliced figs on top of each flatbread and drizzle with olive oil. Add a little salt and pepper to the top, slice, and enjoy!