Makes 6 servings
2 cups pineapple, peeled, cored, and cut in chunks
1 cup fresh cherries, pitted
¼ cup pineapple juice
2 Tablespoons brown sugar
²⁄³ cup vanilla yogurt
2 teaspoons brown sugar
½ teaspoon crystallized ginger, finely chopped
½ teaspoon vanilla
1. Preheat the grill.
2. Thread the pineapple, cake, and cherries onto skewers.
3. In a small bowl, combine the pineapple juice and brown sugar. Brush on the skewered fruit.
4. In another small bowl, combine the yogurt, brown sugar, ginger, and vanilla. Set aside.
5. Grill the skewers for 2-3 minutes, turning to cook evenly and being careful not to burn the cake.
6. Serve the skewers warm with the dipping sauce.
Carbohydrates: 55 g
Fat: 5 g
Protein: 4 g
Fiber: 2 g