Makes 12 servings
1 cup vegan butter
1 cup sugar
½ cup light brown sugar
2 cups gluten-free all purpose flour
1 cup tapioca starch
2 teaspoons cream of tartar
1 ½ teaspoons baking soda
Dash of salt
1 ½ teaspoon xanthan gum
Topping: ¼ cup sugar
2 teaspoons cinnamon
Gluten-free blogger, author, and founder of Living Freely Gluten Free.
Jennifer believes in sharing all of her gluten-free goodness with others to help them navigate through what can be a difficult and challenging transition for many. All of her recipes are gluten free (many are dairy free, too!) and simple to make with easy to find ingredients perfect for the entire family.
1. Mix vegan butter, sugar, and brown sugar with an electric mixer.
2. Add eggs and beat for 1 minute.
3. Add cream of tartar, baking soda, and salt. Beat for 1 minute. Scrape down the sides.
4. Add xanthan gum, tapioca starch, gluten-free all purpose flour and mix for 3 minutes scraping the sides halfway through.
5. Chill the dough for 20 minutes to an hour. While the dough is chilling make the topping by simply stirring the sugar and cinnamon together in a bowl.
6. Preheat the oven to 350 ℉.
7. Using a spoon or a cookie scoop, form a ball with the dough and drop into the topping, coating it on all sides.
8. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and drop the cookie dough ball on the parchment paper, placing them 2–3 inches apart.
9. Bake for 14 minutes and enjoy
Carbohydrates: 39 g
Protein: 4 g
Fiber: 3 g