Makes 6 servings
1 goat cheese log (11–12 ounces)
2 Tablespoons honey
½ cup shelled pistachios
½ cup pomegranate seeds
This sweet, salty, and tangy cheese ball is a delicious and festive looking appetizer. The green pistachios and red pomegranate seeds stand out against the creamy white of the goat cheese, making this a centerpiece of a dish. Made to feed a crowd, this recipe is easy to cut in half for smaller gatherings.
1. Let goat cheese soften on the counter until room temperature before placing in a medium bowl. Using a whisk, whip cheese until smooth. Add honey and whisk until smooth.
2. Chop pistachios and add about ⅓ of the chopped nuts to the goat cheese. Mix goat cheese and work into a ball with a spatula, pushing it into the correct shape.
3. On a plate, add pomegranate seeds and the remaining chopped pistachios, spreading out. Scoop the goat cheese ball onto the plate and move around in the nuts and seeds, rolling into a tighter ball as you go. You can do this with your hands or with the spatula.
4. Once the goat cheese ball is covered, wrap tightly with plastic wrap, making sure to keep the ball shape. Refrigerate in a round cup or small bowl to keep the shape for at least an hour before serving.
5. Serve with bread rounds or crackers.
1 hour and 10 minutes