Makes 3 servings
1 head of cauliflower
2 cups coleslaw mix (green cabbage, carrots, and red cabbage)
3 flour or corn tortillas
2 Tablespoons chili lime seasoning
¼ cup full fat canned coconut milk, well shaken
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 Tablespoon fresh lime juice
3 Tablespoons olive or avocado oil
salt and pepper
Vegan cheese, crumbled,
This grilling season, go beyond the meat and poultry mainstays to throw a plant-based cookout bursting with fresh and seasonal ingredients, south of the border flavors, and vibrant colors. We love these Grilled Cauliflower Tacos with Avocado Crema from from Karen Kelly of Seasonal Cravings.
1. Preheat gas grill to medium high. Grease grates.
2. Slice cauliflower to get large pieces that will not fall in between grill grates. Brush generously with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and chili lime seasoning.
3. Cook for roughly 5–6 minutes per side.
4. While the cauliflower grills, place all Avocado Crema ingredients into a blender and blitz until smooth. Add salt and pepper to taste.
5. Add 1–2 Tablespoons of the Avocado Crema to the coleslaw mix and toss.
6. Assemble tacos. Lay out tortillas and place coleslaw on the bottom. Break up the cauliflower into small pieces and add to each taco. Top with cilantro, cheese, and avocado crema.
Carbohydrates: 43 g
Protein: 11 g
Fiber: 8 g