Makes 10 servings
10 ears corn
4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, minced
1 teaspoon honey
1 teaspoon lime juice
1⁄4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
Grilling corn in its husk is a more flavorful alternative to boiling the cobs in water. And since you don’t have to peel away all of the husk layers, it’s easier, too!
1. Bring your grill to medium heat. Fill a large pot with cold water.
2. Using scissors, snip off all the silk at the top of each ear of corn and remove the first layer of cornhusks. Place the corn in the cold water and allow to soak for 10 to 15 minutes (this will keep the husks from burning on the grill).
3. While the corn soaks, prepare the Chipotle Honey Butter. In a medium bowl, combine the butter, chipotle pepper, honey, lime juice, and salt. Mix well to combine, and set aside.
4. Place corn on the grill and cook, turning occasionally, for 15 minutes (the husks may blacken).
5. To serve, peel back the corn husks and spread about 1⁄2 tablespoon of the butter mixture onto each ear of corn.
Carbohydrates: 18 g
Fat: 6 g
Protein: 3 g
Fiber: 2 g
Active Time: 10 minutes, plus 15 minutes soaking time
Total Time: 40 minutes