Makes 6 servings
¼ cup mayonnaise
¼ cup light sour cream or low fat Greek yogurt
1 Tablespoon lemon juice
1 Tablespoon apple cider vinegar (ACV)
1 Tablespoon dijon mustard
1 Tablespoon fresh dill
2 cloves garlic, minced
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
¼ cup water
2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs
1 quart cherry tomatoes
5–6 bamboo skewers, soaked in water for at least an hour
1 teaspoon olive oil
Inspired by Greek flavors, these skewers are a delicious dinner option. Marinating chicken in a sour cream or Greek yogurt base is a great way to guarantee juicy chicken with plenty of flavor while adding a nice crust to it during the grilling process. Grilled cherry tomatoes pair perfectly with grilled chicken and burst with acidity and freshness.
1. In a large bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, sour cream, lemon juice, ACV, dijon, dill, garlic, salt, pepper, and water until well combined.
2. Cut chicken thighs into 1-inch pieces, making sure to trim off any fat, and place in the marinade. Mix well to cover all the pieces. Cover and refrigerate for at least an hour, and up to 24 hours.
3. Once the chicken has marinated, get your skewers ready. Skewer one piece of chicken then one cherry tomato and alternate until you have filled up the skewers. (The skewers will be covered in sauce, which is not a concern. Discard any leftover marinade.)
4. Preheat the grill on high, making sure to brush off any charred bits. Using a paper towel or basting brush, lightly oil the grill. Reduce to medium high heat and close the lid until the grill registers at about 350–400ºF.
5. Place the chicken skewers on the grill and close the lid. Let cook for 3 minutes before flipping to the other side. Cook for an additional 3 minutes before flipping to one of the un-grilled sides for another 3 minutes. Flip to the last side of the skewer and let grill for 3 more minutes. Make sure to close the grill lid between each flip and rotate skewer direction as needed based on your grill’s heat distribution.
6. Remove from the grill and serve hot. These skewers are great with other grilled vegetables, cooked grains, or as part of a salad.
1 hour and 30 minutes