1/4 cup organic Melt Organic spread
1/2 cup organic coconut sugar
1/4 cup organic honey
1 organic egg
1 1/2 teaspoon Nielsen-Massey Organic Vanilla Extract
1 cup organic pumpkin puree
1 1/2 cups organic Arrowhead Mills Flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon
¼ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1/2 cup chopped organic walnuts
1/2 organic SunSpire Chocolate Chips
Breakfast on-the-go just got more delicious with this muffin recipe created by Addisyn Slater, age 6, first place winner in the 4 to 8 age bracket of KIWI’s 2014 Next Great Young Chef contest. Click here to see Addisyn in action creating her award-winning muffins!
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together the Melt spread with the coconut sugar and honey.
3. Add the egg, vanilla extract, and pumpkin puree. Cream all together well.
4. In a separate bowl, stir together the flour, baking soda, sea salt, baking powder, cinnamon, and pumpkin pie spice.
5. Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture and mix well.
6. Fold in the SunSpire Chocolate Chips and walnuts.
7. Spoon into muffin cups, fitted with paper wrappers, until they are 3/4 full.
8. Bake for 17-20 minutes.