Makes 4 servings
½ cup Arugula Pesto
Food Processor Pie Crust or 9” store bought
4–6 heirloom tomatoes
½ cup low-moisture shredded mozzarella
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon pepper
Shredded basil for garnish
Create a beautiful brunch dish using colorful heirloom tomatoes and our Arugula Pesto. Playing on a classic set of flavors, this dish is easy to make, flavorful, and filling.
Learn how to make our Food Processor Pie Crust here.
1. Preheat the oven to 450℉. Wash and dry all produce.
2. Slice tomatoes into ¼ inch thick rounds and set aside.
3. In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, salt, and pepper.
4. Line a 9” pie plate with a crust and tap a few fork holes on the base of the crust.
5. Spread Arugula Pesto evenly over the bottom and top with mozzarella. Pour beaten egg mixture into the crust, making sure to spread out across the bottom as well.
6. Layer in tomato slices, forming a ring around the outside. Depending on the size of your tomatoes, you can work them into the center or simply do one layer around the outside of the pie.
7. Cover pie crusts with a guard or tin foil and bake for 25 minutes. Remove pie crust guards and bake for an additional 5–7 minutes or until edges are golden brown.
8. Remove from over and let cool for 5–10 minutes before garnishing with basil and serving.
Active Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour