1 large egg
¼ cup sugar-free crystal sweetener (stevia, monk fruit, etc.)
2 Tablespoons unsweetened almond milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon cinnamon
⅛ teaspoon baking powder
1 cup finely ground almond flour
2 Tablespoons cocoa powder
1/4 cup walnuts, roughly chopped (optional)
The key to KETO is low carb all the way. The problem with that around the holidays is there are carbs everywhere! These easy and quick chocolate cookies are a great KETO indulgence that lets you enjoy the flavors of the season without having to completely sacrifice your diet.
1. Preheat the oven to 375ºF. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a medium mixing bowl, beat egg, milk, sugar free crystal sweetener, vanilla extract, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Mix until well combined. Add in the almond flour and unsweetened cocoa powder. Combine with a spoon until fully incorporated. The batter will be thick. Stir in chopped walnuts if using.
3. Cookies should be about one Tablespoon of the batter spooned onto the prepared cookie sheet. Press the cookies down to flatten out before baking. The cookies will expand while baking so make sure to leave some space.
4. Bake for 10–14 minutes or until the edges are cooked and slightly crunchy.
5. Remove the cookies from the oven and let cool for two minutes on the sheet. Transfer the cookies to a wire rack and let cool completely.
Makes 6–8 cookies
Active Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes