Makes 4 servings
4 salmon fillets
3 Tablespoons olive oil
1 Tablespoon maple syrup
3 garlic cloves, chopped
Juice from half a lemon
3 lemon slices
Salt and pepper
Parsley and lemon wedges (optional)
Eating in-season produce not only benefits your taste buds but is also better for your health, the environment, and your wallet. This roasted salmon from Karen Kelly of Seasonal Cravings is a great springtime recipe for busy cooks that’s still packed with flavor.
1. Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
2. In a small bowl, add the olive oil, maple syrup, garlic, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Whisk briskly.
3. Place salmon fillets on a sheet pan lined with parchment paper. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
4. Pour the mixture over the salmon and spread with a spoon. Place one or two lemon slices on top of the salmon.
5. Cook for about 12–15 minutes or until salmon is cooked through.
6. Remove lemon slices and preheat broiler to high. Broil salmon for 3–4 minutes to get some caramelization on top.
7. Serve immediately with parsley and additional lemon wedges.
Carbohydrates: 5.7 g
Fat: 21.6 g
Protein: 34.8 g
Fiber: .3 g
Active Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes