Makes 4 servings
2 ripe avocados
1 ripe mango
½ small onion
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon garlic powder
½ teaspoon chopped fresh cilantro
Mix up a fresh and versatile summertime dish using mango and avocado. This sweet and spicy salsa can be snacked on with chips, used as a topper for fish and chicken, or mixed into a salad.
1. Wash and dry all produce.
2. Halve, de-core, and peel the avocados and mango. Roughly chop into small pieces and place into a medium bowl.
3. Finely dice jalapeño and small onion and add to mango and avocado. Adjust spice level by adding as much or as little of the diced jalapeño as you would like.
4. Cut lime in half and squeeze half of it into the bowl. Cut the second half into wedges and save to squeeze over chips, salad, or other parts of the dish.
5. Add salt and garlic powder and mix gently, making sure not to squish the avocado pieces too much.
6. Top with chopped cilantro and enjoy!