Makes 2 servings
1 cup of mango puree or about one mango, blended
½ cup oat milk (other non-dairy milk can work but does not set as well)
2 Tablespoons sugar
½ cup thinly sliced mango
1 cup boiling water
This simple mango treat is a great option for weekend dessert. Light and fluffy with delicious tropical flavors, these low-sugar, British-style puddings are a true winner.
1. Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
2. In a medium mixing bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer, add eggs and beat with a whisk until slightly frothy.
3. While continuing to whisk, add oat milk and sugar. Whisk until well combined. Add mango puree and whisk until fully combined.
4. In two high-walled ramekins, put equal amounts of sliced mango on the bottom of the ramekins. Pour equal amounts of the pudding mixture over the mango until just under the rim of the ramekin.
5. In a high-walled baking dish or loaf tin, pour one cup of boiling water. Carefully place the ramekins in the water. It should be halfway up the sides of the ramekins.
6. Carefully place the dish with the ramekins in it in the oven. Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until the puddings have set and do not wiggle loosely. The center should still jiggle slightly. Remove from the oven and let sit in the water bath for an additional 15 minutes.
7. Carefully pull the ramekins out of the water bath and place on a wire rack. Let cool on the counter for 15 minutes before covering and chilling in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours. Serve and enjoy.
Active Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 5 hours