½ cup chopped onions
1 cup chopped tomatoes
2 cups chopped baby spinach
½ cup kalamata olives (pitted and chopped)
1 Tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
1 cup cooked quinoa
1 cup crumbled feta cheese
¼ teaspoon salt
Enjoy this healthy and innovative recipe for Mediterranean Egg Muffins from E.A. Stewart, RDN, mom of two in San Diego, CA.
1. Sauté ½ cup chopped onions in 2 teaspoons high oleic sunflower oil for 2 minutes.
2. Add 1 cup chopped tomatoes and sauté for another minute, then add 2 cups chopped baby spinach and sauté until wilted, about 1 minute.
3. Turn off heat and stir in ½ cup kalamata olives (pitted and chopped) and 1 Tablespoon chopped fresh oregano; set aside.
4. Scramble 8 eggs, then add 1 cup cooked quinoa, 1 cup crumbled feta cheese, veggie mixture, and ¼ teaspoon salt. Stir until well combined.
5. Bake in a greased muffin tin at 350°F for 30 minutes.