Makes 4 servings
1 15-ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
2 cups brown rice, cooked
1 cup vegan cheddar cheese, shredded
1 cup lettuce greens, shredded
1 avocado, sliced
1/2 cup vegan sour cream substitute
1 tablespoon dairy-free milk
1 teaspoon chili powder
1/4 teaspoon cumin
2 garlic cloves, minced
If you’re tired of sticking to the same old gluten-free standbys, you’re in luck: In her new book, The Gluten-Free Revolution, author Caroline Shannon-Karasik highlights 75 healthy and delicious recipes that your family will love—whether you need to eat gluten-free or not.
1. Open and rinse black beans and sweet corn in a colander. Set aside.
2. Place 1⁄2 cup warm brown rice in a bowl and top with 1⁄4 cup shredded cheese to allow it to melt.
3. Top with 1⁄2 cup black beans and corn mixture, then 1⁄4 cup shredded lettuce.
4. Slice 1⁄4 avocado and place on top.
5. Prepare dressing by whisking together vegan sour cream, dairy-free milk, chili powder, cumin, garlic, and sea salt to taste.
6. Drizzle 1⁄4 dressing mixture on top of burrito bowl.
7. Squeeze the juice of 1⁄4 fresh lime on top to finish preparation.
8. Repeat above steps three more times for a total of four servings.
Carbohydrates: 63 g
Fat: 24 g
Protein: 21 g
Fiber: 12 g