Makes 40 servings
1 1⁄2 cups peppermint candies
1 1⁄2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
2 cups white chocolate chips
This treat just screams holiday! Plus, Vivian Howard’s no-bake recipe is easy to make with kids.
1. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and spray generously with nonstick spray.
2. Unwrap the peppermint candies and put them in a plastic, sealable bag. Let your kids stomp on the bag a few times to break up the candies. Alternately, you could use the food processor to do this. You’re looking for broken pieces of peppermint but not peppermint powder.
3. Melt the chocolate in a double boiler and spread it evenly onto the cookie sheet. Let it sit and start to harden as you melt the white chocolate in the same fashion.
4. Pour the white chocolate over the semisweet layer and allow your kids to swirl it in slightly with a skewer or fork. You’re hoping for pretty swirls and designs.
5. While the chocolate is still warm and soft, sprinkle the peppermint candies all over the top. Slide the cookie sheet into the fridge to harden.
6. When the bark is firm, have your kids help you break it into random pieces.
Carbohydrates: 17 g
Fat: 5 g
Protein: 1 g
Fiber: 0 g