½ teaspoon Nielsen-Massey Pure Vanilla Extract
1-2 green peppers
1 Tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
Salt and pepper
1 Tablespoon Earth Balance Organic Coconut Spread
1/3 cup cashews, chopped
1/3 cup red onion, chopped
1/3 cup golden raisins
1/3 cup chopped apple (Pink Lady or other sweet variety)
1. In a saucepan, bring 2¼ cups of water to boil. Add in vanilla extract and rice. Stir. Return water to a simmer, and let cook for about 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
2. Meanwhile, heat 2 cups of water and the XyloSweet in a saucepan until it dissolves. Pour into a container and let cool.
3. Preheat oven to 400°F. Take the tops off the green peppers, cut in half, and remove seeds. Coat the pepper in olive oil; salt and pepper to taste. Bake for 15 minute
4. When the rice is finished cooking, add the coconut oil. Stir until melted.
5. Transfer rice to a mixing bowl, adding cashews, onion, raisins, and apples. Mix thoroughly.
6. When the peppers are done, remove from oven and stuff each pepper with the rice salad.
7. Put the peppers in the oven for another 5 to 8 minutes (less time if you like your onions crunchy, more time if you prefer them softer).