Makes 8 servings
4 acorn squash
1 Tablespoon olive oil
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon smoked paprika
¼ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
This easy roasted acorn squash recipe is a great option for fall meals. When shopping for acorn squash, look for firm squash without soft spots that have green and some yellow-orange coloring.
1. Preheat oven to 400ºF.
2. Cut acorn squash in half and scoop out the membranes and seeds with a spoon.
3. In a small bowl, mix together olive oil and spices.
4. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place squash pieces on the baking sheet and brush with olive oil mixture, including the skin-side. To start, put the squash flesh-side down before baking.
5. Depending on the thickness of the squash, bake for 40–45 minutes, flipping halfway through, until golden brown and starting to crisp around the edges. A fork should easily go all the way through the flesh and skin.
6. Either scoop the flesh of the squash out before serving or serve as is.