Makes 26 servings
½ cup salsa
1 teaspoon chipotle flavor maker base
8 cups Romaine lettuce mix
3½ cups tomato, fresh, diced
3½ cups corn kernels, thawed
1 cup mild cheddar cheese, feather shredded
3¼ cup chicken fajita strips
13 tortillas, whole grain, 12-inch
Revamp your school’s cafeteria options with this recipe courtesy of Wayzata Public Schools and the School Nutrition Association.
1. In a bowl, mix together the salsa, ranch dressing, and chipotle flavor maker until well combined.
2. In a separate bowl, combine the lettuce, tomatoes, corn, and cheese. Toss with dressing mixture until evenly coated.
3. Arrange 4 ounces of chicken down the middle of the tortilla. Lay 1 cup of lettuce mixture on top. Fold in edges and roll tortilla over.
4. Cut in half and individually wrap each half.
5. Repeat with remaining tortillas. Refrigerate until ready to serve.