Makes 4 servings
1 teaspoon olive oil, plus extra for baking dish
1 red bell pepper, finely chopped
½ red onion, finely chopped
6 ounces vegan chorizo (GF)
½ cup frozen corn kernels
¼ cup pickled jalapeños, finely chopped
½ cup milk
¼ cup light sour cream
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon pepper
3–5 dashes of hot sauce of choice
½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
Optional: top with sliced avocado
Whether you’re feeding a crowd of hungry kids on a holiday morning or looking for a quick and delicious meal prep option, this brunch bake offers a wallop of flavors and protein, perfect to kick-start the day with. One of the perks of this dish is that it can be made ahead and reheated when needed, making it a quick way to get a hearty and healthy breakfast on the table.
1. Preheat the oven to 350º F. Lightly grease a 11×7-inch rectangular baking dish.
2. In a medium skillet, add olive oil, bell pepper, and red onion and saute over medium-high, stirring regularly, for about 5 minutes or until just starting to brown on the edges. Add vegan chorizo and cook for about 5 more minutes, breaking up the pieces and letting them get lightly brown. Add frozen corn, mix, and remove from heat.
3. In a medium bowl, add eggs, milk, sour cream, salt, pepper, and hot sauce. Whisk together well until no lumps or separated egg pieces remain.
4. Scoop cooked chorizo and vegetable mixture into the baking dish and spread out around the bottom. Top with jalapeños. Add egg mixture, making sure to pour it evenly over the vegetables. Top with shredded cheese.
5. Bake for 35 minutes or until the center is set and cheese begins to brown lightly around the edges. Serve immediately or let cool and refrigerate overnight. (If refrigerating, you can reheat the brunch bake by placing it in a 350º F oven for about 5–7 minutes.)