Makes 4 servings
2 Tbsp Malaysian Red Palm Oil
¼ cups Organic Popcorn Kernels
4 Tbsp Whole Butter
2 Tbsp Parmesan cheese, finely grated
1 tsp Fresh thyme, chopped
1 tsp Fresh rosemary, finely chopped
Truffle salt, to taste
Add some interest to your popcorn bowl with this delicious recipe from Chef Gerard Viverito. This decadent version will surely satisfy all of your snacking needs.
1. Put two tablespoons of red palm oil in a pot. Turn stove up to medium/medium-high heat.
2. Add three kernels of popcorn to the pot. Wait for them to pop (keep lid off).
3. Once three kernels have popped, add ½ cup of popcorn (organic Orville Redenbacher), turn off the heat and shake the kernels around to even distribute oil. Leave pot sit for three minutes. This will allow the kernels to pop faster.
4. After three minutes, put the pot back on the stove on medium/medium-high heat.
5. When the popcorn starts to pop, shake the pot around a bit. As soon as the popping tapers off, even slightly, take the pot off the stove.
6. Place popped popcorn in a bowl.
7. Add 4 tablespoons of butter to the pot and let it melt. Stir in the chopped herbs to infuse, then add in the popcorn and stir it around.
8. Toss with cheese and salt to taste.