Makes 1 servings
1 whole wheat tortilla
1 can tuna fish packed in olive oil
1 handful baby spinach
1 handful matchstick carrots
1/4 cucumber, sliced
1/4 red bell pepper, sliced
Send your kids back to school with this healthy and innovative recipe for a Tuna Fish Sushi Wrap from Rebecca Scritchfeld, RD, and mom of two in Washington, DC.
1. Cut a whole wheat tortilla into a square, spread with hummus, and sprinkle with canned tuna fish packed in olive oil.
2. Layer a few baby spinach leaves over half the tortilla.
3. Across the center of the tortilla, place lines of matchstick carrots, cucumbers, and red bell peppers.
4. Roll tightly and seal with a dab of hummus.
5. Slice into bite-size sushi pieces.