Makes 6 servings
4 medium sweet potatoes
3 Tablespoons unsalted butter
1 teaspoon cinnamon
¼ teaspoon kosher salt
3 Tablespoons pure maple syrup
3 Tablespoons chopped pecans
3 Tablespoons chopped walnuts
1. Preheat the oven to 375℉. Wash, clean, and dry your potatoes. Pierce each potato a few times with a fork.
2. Cook potatoes for about one hour or until they are tender when poked with a fork.
3. Let them cool enough to handle, then make a slit in the top of each one and carefully scoop out the insides. Be careful to leave 1/4 inch or so thickness on the sides and bottoms. One potato skin will not be used so you can scoop it out well and toss it.
4. Let cook for an additional 5 minutes or until the kale has wilted completely and is well combined in the soup. Remove the bay leaf from the pot.
5. Place the potato mixture back into the shells, filling to the top.
6. Bake for about 15 minutes or until hot throughout.
7. Top with more chopped nuts and drizzled maple syrup if desired.
Active Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour and 45 minutes