⅔ cup refined coconut oil, melted
⅔ cup granulated sugar
⅔ cup packed brown sugar
½ cup unsweetened vanilla oat milk (almond works as well)
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
1 cup vegan semi sweet chocolate chips
Between butter, eggs, and milk, many holiday recipes do not cater towards vegans. This chocolate chip cookie recipe is a great way to get the warm, gooey cookies you love without having to worry about using animal products.
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. In a large bowl, mix coconut oil, granulated sugar, and brown sugar until well combined.
3. Stir in almond milk and vanilla.
4. Stir in flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt until dough forms. Stir in chocolate chips. Drop a Tablespoon of dough, slightly rounded and two inches apart, onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
5. Bake 11–14 minutes or until edges are light brown and the tops look set. Cool for at least two minutes on the cookie sheets. Remove to the cooling rack and let cool completely.
Makes 16–20 cookies