Makes 2 servings
2 cups of flax milk or other vegan milk of your choice
1/3 cup of water
2 3-inch cinnamon sticks
1/2 teaspoons of organic turmeric powder
2 teaspoons of grated fresh organic ginger
1/4 teaspoons of whole black peppercorn
1 Tablespoon of organic maple syrup
1. Combine all the ingredients (except the maple syrup and the cinnamon sticks) into a small pot and place over medium heat.
2. Whisk the ingredients together in the pot and make sure that the turmeric is incorporated into the milk.
3. Add the cinnamon sticks into the pot.
4. Once the mixture in the pot starts to lightly bubble turn the heat to the lowest setting you have and allow it to gently simmer for 5 minutes. During this time, using the whisk to stir the mixture every 2 minutes.
5. Turn off the flame and stir in the tablespoon of maple syrup.
6. Use a coffee filter, French press, or a very fine strainer to remove the chunky ingredients from the golden milk.
7. Save the cinnamon sticks to use as a garnish in each cup. Serve warm and enjoy.
Carbohydrates: 9 g
Protein: .3 g
Fiber: 1 g